FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking to Import and replace text objects for quick turnaround of a video that needs to change daily in a short amount of time (10 Minutes or less)

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Smooch Medina
Looking to Import and replace text objects for quick turnaround of a video that needs to change daily in a short amount of time (10 Minutes or less)
on Apr 4, 2017 at 3:52:46 pm

I want to make a motion project that displays texts which is done. But the content needs to change a few times daily based on text messages we receive from the public. Also once I walk away from this project it's going to be an intern needing to re-render this video everyday. Ideally i'm looking for a way that I can use an excel spread sheet that's populated with the text messages and somehow import that and replace all the text objects with a different line from excel but keeps all the properties of the object (font, color, size, translation, etc.)
Thanks for any and all help!

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Looking to Import and replace text objects for quick turnaround of a video that needs to change daily in a short amount of time (10 Minutes or less)
on Apr 4, 2017 at 4:25:38 pm
Last Edited By Simon Ubsdell on Apr 4, 2017 at 4:35:25 pm

If you select Generators/Text Generators/File, you have a tool that's designed for this kind of thing.

The File generator displays the contents of a text file. The appearance (font, weight, size, and so on) of the text in the source text file is ignored in favor of the settings in the Inspector. The text file must be in plain text (TXT) format.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]