FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suggest a FCPX/Motion workflow to achieve this effect?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Dunning
Suggest a FCPX/Motion workflow to achieve this effect?
on Mar 12, 2017 at 6:01:48 pm

I've attached a sketch of the effect I want to achieve -- these pages of a book are scattered in space and flying up as the camera moves among them. Each page is in Photoshop, and some have an animated line drawing -- I can do these in FCPX with an alpha channel so all that they look like the lines are drawn on & moving directly on the textured page. So figure about 20 pages, and about 10 with animations on them.

What's the most efficient workflow to accomplish this? Would you make each entire page a FCPX movie, and then put them all into Motion to animate the flying; or would you put the pages into Motion, then add the movies to each…?

Return to posts index

Tolbert Pitman
Re: Suggest a FCPX/Motion workflow to achieve this effect?
on Mar 22, 2017 at 7:17:39 pm

Hi Brian: cool idea you're working on. I'm still new to Motion but from my AE & Pr experience I would build as much of those elements in Motion as possible, export out MOVs of each one (possibly) and use those as your "page" layers.

When I've had to animate DVD or magazine covers or photos, I like them all to have the same frame size, hence my MOV suggestion - that way it's easier to animate in a 3D world.

Hope this helped some and good luck!

Tolbert

Avid/Adobe Premier/After Effects/FCPX/Musician

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]