FORUMS: list search recent posts

Object on a motion path follows a miniature version of the path instead???

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Dunning
Object on a motion path follows a miniature version of the path instead???
on Mar 6, 2017 at 5:14:23 pm

OK this is really weird. I have been adding objets onto motion paths, no problem. All of a sudden the behavior has changed. I import the object, draw a bezier curve, and attach it to the object as a motion path, type Geometry. But instead of following the curve, the object follows a miniature version of the curve nearby. See the attached screenshot. You can see the white curve that I drew and attached, and you can see in red the miniature version of the curve that I did NOT create but that the object has decided to follow.

Steps I've taken to debug: Deleted the objects and the curve, quit Motion, restarted, tried recreating them again from scratch. Same behavior. I hope my file has not become corrupted!!

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Object on a motion path follows a miniature version of the path instead???
on Mar 6, 2017 at 5:31:00 pm

Have you accidentally disabled Attach to Shape?

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Brian Dunning
on Mar 6, 2017 at 5:45:37 pm

No I thought of that -- when I click it on and off, the (object + its miniature path) jumps between where it is shown here and the center of the screen.

Return to posts index

Brian Dunning
on Mar 12, 2017 at 5:49:00 pm

Just thought I would give the final disposition on this --

I never figure out what was going on, and hacked a workaround by dragging my motion path really huge, off the page, to wherever it made my actual object go where I wanted it to go. That let me finish the project, which thankfully was short, and I won't be using that file again. My guess is something was corrupt or triggered some obscure bug.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]