FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to simple 2-D reveal similar to typewriter teletype effect? I am a beginner.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
don spark
How to simple 2-D reveal similar to typewriter teletype effect? I am a beginner.
on Feb 8, 2017 at 8:32:37 pm

I have a specific simple 2-D titling effect I hope someone can help me build or find a template to download and modify - for FC or Motion; whichever is simpler and faster.

Here is a brief example from washingtonpost.com
http://wapo.st/2kMjuah

…neutral unadorned simple lines of giant text with a flat one-color background black & white that rolls out from the side, similar to the effect where text is typed onto the screen.

I do a lot of mostly cuts only editing in final cut on Yosemite.
I would be able to spend $20 if I could buy it and get it working today - in a way that I could change size, position and color. But, this is also my first training exercise going forward - so I can spend some time if it needs to be worked on in motion.

I am beginning my learning Apple Motion watching some youtubes today and plan to be spending some time in video tutorials (maybe ripple training) in coming months. Because, I need to begin producing sets of simple text motion graphics and 1-2 minute videos with text quickly sometimes on a daily basis.

Thanks to anyone who pitches in!

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: How to simple 2-D reveal similar to typewriter teletype effect? I am a beginner.
on Feb 8, 2017 at 10:43:40 pm

Here you go. Here's a Title template that I think does what you want.

11029_textrevealtitle.zip

Unzip the file and place it in your User/Movies/Motion Templates/Titles folder.

It should show up when you next launch FCP X and it's called Text Reveal.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

don spark
Re: How to simple 2-D reveal similar to typewriter teletype effect? I am a beginner.
on Feb 8, 2017 at 11:00:54 pm

Oh fantastic Simon. So simple.

Return to posts index

don spark
on Feb 9, 2017 at 1:19:28 am

So, I was not able to manage several lines of text with that download. Although someone with skills might be able to work it out.

I just downloaded
http://store.pixelfilmstudios.com/product/protext-volume-1/
and you can see at the beginning of the video, the typing spelling out effect nicely done and this plugin does multiple lines well. But, is there way way to do this with the simle background described initally like highlighting text in a word processor.

If there was a plugin package for finalcut that let me do that, that would be ideal. And even better with an easy way to do flat geometric 1 color backgrounds.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Feb 9, 2017 at 3:47:25 pm

Here's a different version that lets you input four lines of text or simply clear the lines of text you don't want.

11030_textrevealv2.zip

It has a type on effect that runs across each line. If you want it to happen faster, shorten the length of the clip in your timeline.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

don spark
on Feb 10, 2017 at 4:31:36 am

thanks simon. I will take it out for a spin tonight maybe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]