FORUMS: list search recent posts

Title Template Causing Frame Blending in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel McCullum
Title Template Causing Frame Blending in FCP
on Feb 12, 2016 at 4:27:47 pm

Hi all,

Have been diving into Motion and FCPX the last few days, evaluating for a possible transition from Premiere. Really love the amazing integration between the two apps.

I have a title template built in motion that blurs out a portion of the background image in FCP using a clone of the Title Background layer (as outlined here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6734275?start=0&tstart=0)

Here's where the problem begins. I have a quick build in and a quick build out, and then the middle is effectively a freeze frame. However, when I stretch the title layer in FCP beyond the original template length, I start getting this frame blending/echo effect on the footage below.

I'm guessing this is because the Motion template applies a speed modification not only to the animated text layer but also to the Title Background layer. Hypothetically I could I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution to this problem other than making the title template really long and shortening where needed.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Title Template Causing Frame Blending in FCP
on Feb 13, 2016 at 12:16:26 pm

Any chance you could post the file so one could have a look? Otherwise one can only guess. But it's certainly nothing I've seen happen before.

- RK

Return to posts index

Daniel McCullum
Re: Title Template Causing Frame Blending in FCP
on Feb 16, 2016 at 3:44:25 pm

Here is a copy of the Motion project:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8087888/Tease%20-%20Improved.zip

To replicate the problem, simply insert as a Final Cut title and extend the length past the default (the longer you stretch, the more pronounced the effect)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]