FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making FCPX Templates

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Greene
Making FCPX Templates
on Jan 25, 2016 at 8:56:52 pm

I am cutting a project that could really use some motion templates to make life easier. I keep having to build and keyframe the same thing in FCPX that I believe could be done MUCH easier if I knew how to build a motion template. Where is a good place to learn the basics of motion and creating templates.

Here is a sample of something I am tired of building manually.

Chad Greene : Mahoney Media : Minneapolis, Minnesota : 2x2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 12GB Ram, OS 10.9 FCPX, Kona-LHi

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Making FCPX Templates
on Jan 25, 2016 at 9:18:48 pm

Well I'm biased but I'd say this is a pretty good place to start: http://www.rippletraining.com/products/motion/rigging-publishing-for-motion...

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jan 26, 2016 at 9:05:15 am

I agree with Mark. And I'd say I'm pretty UNbiased. ;)

But then, if you've made that effect ONCE in FCP, there's always the "Save Effect Preset" option, too. No need to do the same thing over and over.

- RK

Return to posts index

Chad Greene
on Jan 26, 2016 at 5:08:52 pm

Mark, I find your guys stuff helpful so I will have to check out this training.

Robin, I have been copying my settings from one photo to another but yes I should try saving a preset.

Ultimately I would love to have the camera sound AND the transition flash also be apart of the overall look. Just drop a photo on the drop zone and have one slider to adjust the overall speed then have rotation and scale direction selectors to adjust the overall look. Then I would stack multiple generators to get the photos stacking at the right time for the vo.

Does this sound like a complex template to build? Is this something I can learn in a day or should I be looking for an expert to build it for me?

Chad Greene : Mahoney Media : Minneapolis, Minnesota : 2x2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 12GB Ram, OS 10.9 FCPX, Kona-LHi

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jan 26, 2016 at 6:04:43 pm

You can't have audio in a Motion template that is published to FCP X.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jan 26, 2016 at 6:23:49 pm
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Jan 26, 2016 at 6:27:04 pm

[Mark Spencer] "You can't have audio in a Motion template that is published to FCP X."

Yeah. Audio can't be incorporated into templates. Unfortunately.

[Chad Greene] "Ultimately I would love to have the camera sound AND the transition flash also be apart of the overall look. "

Again, simply make an effect preset. If you want to incorporate anything else (FX, sound etc.) simply make a compound clip, duplicate it and change the contents as needed. Done.

[Chad Greene] "Does this sound like a complex template to build? Is this something I can learn in a day or should I be looking for an expert to build it for me?"

On the one hand I'd say that if you can build it (in this case meaning that/your particular effect) in FCP, then you're about 5% away from building it in Motion. On the other hand, it's not complex enough to justify going to Motion for it imho. Save learning Motion for something else. Seeing that you'd still have to do (audio etc.) work in FCP once it's there, it seems overkill. I'd go the compound clip and effect preset route. I do it all the time and know my around Motion very well.

- RK

Return to posts index

Chad Greene
on Jan 26, 2016 at 7:56:26 pm

Thank you Robin. I will give the compound idea a more serious look.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]