FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text Sequence Lighting Behaviours not working in Motion 5

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher McDonell
Text Sequence Lighting Behaviours not working in Motion 5
on Nov 11, 2015 at 7:17:12 pm

I'm looking for a solution to this but in the meantime, if someone knows what I'm doing wrong, I'd greatly appreciate some insight. Applying Text Sequence/Text-Highlighter or Text-Glow behaviours produces everything but the lighting effect. For example, Quaser In gives me the text animation but no glow. Shine gives me absolutely nothing. The preview thumbnail at the top left shows the effect happening correctly but I can't produce it on my own text. I've tried 3D text as well with the same result.

I used to do this in Motion 3 with no trouble whatsoever. What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Christopher McDonell
Re: Text Sequence Lighting Behaviours not working in Motion 5
on Nov 11, 2015 at 7:49:49 pm

Okay, I solved my own problem. Motion 5 handles things quite differently than Motion 3 in this respect. You have to turn Glow on in Text/Appearance. It defaults to Black. Change this to a glow colour of your choice. Glow will now be applied to everything. If you just want it for the effect, drag Blur and Radius to 0. Now adjust settings in the Behaviours for your effect, i.e. Glow Through. Though you may need to go back and adjust opacity etc. in the Text section. A little awkward actually but I guess there's more control overall.

FCP 6.0.6, El Capitan, rMBP 15" i7 2.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]