FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I make a shooting star in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kato Djin
How do I make a shooting star in Motion
on Jun 16, 2015 at 2:04:50 pm

Hi Guys

I am a complete novice when it comes to motion, having only just mastered getting my head round final cut pro I am in need of some simple instructions.
I have a clip of two people stood against the night sky and I would really like to add a shooting star, it needs to look pretty realistic, smooth, appear and disappear again with a little sparkle pretty quick.

does anyone know how to do this in Motion, or final cut pro?

I have tried following the light trails tutorial, so I could try and adapt it to suit, but I just couldn't get my head round it.

any help much appreciated,

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: How do I make a shooting star in Motion
on Jul 7, 2015 at 2:49:57 pm

FX Factory offers a plug-in for free called "Blaster Bolt". It simulates the ray gun blasts common in Star Wars. A few tweaks of the settings on that could work for you.

For a more classic, photo-realistic "shooting star", you could use one of the preset particle generators in Motion 4 or 5, like "tinkle". Use the extra controls to limit the particles to a narrow trail behind the emitter. Set a one second long duration for the effect, manually move the emitter to the beginning and ending points in it's travel path across the screen, while using the red "Keyframe record" button.

I would then take that effect into FCPX and add a trails effect to it, as I can't seem to find one in Motion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]