FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blending Object Opacities in Motion 4

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaun English
Blending Object Opacities in Motion 4
on Apr 10, 2015 at 8:22:46 pm

Hello! This is my first post, but i've been relying on Creative Cow's forums for years now and they're probably responsible for 70% of my workflow knowledge :)

First off, I apologize if this has been covered many times before and, if so, please feel free to shame me accordingly. I've honestly been searching to no avail, but perhaps I've been using the wrong keywords in my search.

Anyhow, I have a simple problem that I can only assume is a result of my own ignorance. I've have two circle objects in a group (each the same colour at 10% opacity) with one partially overlapping the other. The portions that are overlapped now have a combined opacity of 20% and is thus darker then the rest (naturally).

My question is, how do I maintain a consistent level of opacity throughout? In other words, I would like the two overlapped circles to appear as one object with consistent opacity levels.

I assume this can be easily accomplished within the blending parameters, but I can't for the life of me get it to work. I've attached a screenshot in case I'm not being clear...

Thank you in advance for any possible guidance!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Blending Object Opacities in Motion 4
on Apr 14, 2015 at 3:17:22 pm

Try putting the two objects in the same group, each at 100% opacity. Then change the opacity of the group.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]