Continuing a bezier ?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans Douma
Continuing a bezier ?
on Mar 19, 2015 at 12:37:22 pm

Hi all,

Could you please give me some help with the following:

I have a map spanning 3 pictures, stitched together. I want to draw a line onto that map, following a road. No problem, except the 3 pictures together are not showing enough detail to see the road, let alone follow it by a bezier. So, I zoom in the picture, resulting in the next problem: the picture runs outside the boundaries of the canvas. Now here is the problem: how can I draw the bezier, move the picture to take the next part into the canvas and then continue the bezier ? As soon as I click the hand-tool to move the picture, the bezier is closed and I cannot continue.

The intention is to draw the complete bezier on the complete picture and pan the picture during playback

Any help is welcome

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Continuing a bezier ?
on Mar 19, 2015 at 3:21:40 pm

Hold the shift down and you'll temporarily have a hand tool without losing the pen tool.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Hans Douma
on Mar 19, 2015 at 4:54:15 pm

Thanks for the respons, Andy. Unfortunately that does not work.
Which of the videos in your link is helping on this issue ?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 19, 2015 at 5:31:29 pm

Sorry, I was typing with one hand and a baby in the other. I didn't mean shift. I meant the space bar. Hold the space bar down and you'll get the hand for as long as it's held. When you release, you'll get the pen back.

The link is just part of my signature. You can ignore it.

Andy

Return to posts index

Hans Douma
on Mar 20, 2015 at 11:46:35 am

Thanks again, Andy. That trick indeed gives me the hand tool, but it does not what I want. Instead of panning the image + bezier, it just pans the canvas cutting of the image at the canvas size.
I ultimately did what I wanted by drawing a rough bezier on the first part of the image, then pan the group (image + bezier) to the right, edit the last point of the bezier, extending it as far as possible and repeat that process until the end of the image. Then pan back to the start and keep adding and moving points to the bezier to correctly position them. At the end of the process keyframe the motion of the image so it will follow the moving bezier.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 20, 2015 at 11:57:44 am

Shift+V will show you what's beyond the canvas. Albeit in a transparent kinda way. Might be all you need.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Mar 20, 2015 at 3:20:55 pm

Why not simply zoom DOWN so you can see the entire image... make your path etc.… then zoom back UP?

Otherwise, yes, ⇧V is what you'll want from the sound of it.

- RK

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 20, 2015 at 3:26:43 pm

SHIFT+V as Bret said will show images past the canvas borders. Also, in the preferences, you can adjust the transparency level of the space beyond the canvas frame, so you can make it effectively 0 and the frame box disappears until you're finished with your bezier.

That's how I'd do it, or else I'd shrink the image to fit within the frame as Robin suggested and then scale it up after.

Andy

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Mar 20, 2015 at 3:32:09 pm

[Andy Neil] "or else I'd shrink the image to fit within the frame as Robin suggested and then scale it up after."

Rather, to be more precise, scale the GROUP with both in it up and down. Otherwise is could prove unnecessarily fiddly. ;)

- RK

Return to posts index

Hans Douma
on Mar 20, 2015 at 4:27:40 pm

Shift-V does the trick for me. And then, when reaching the end of the canvas I can just swipe the mouse to pan the image and I can continue the bezier.
In my case zooming out until the image is completely visible is impossible, because I'd rather need to zoom in to get the right level of detail to allow drawing the bezier over the road on the map.

Thanks, guys, for your help.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 20, 2015 at 11:03:06 pm

When he said zoom down I think he meant scale down, so the whole group fit on the canvas. Then you'd zoom in to draw the stroke. Can always scale back up after. But if shift v works, it's all good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]