FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle emitter in 3d space

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Hess
Particle emitter in 3d space
on Oct 2, 2014 at 1:34:36 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know, how I can use a 3D particle ring in 3d space? The picture shows it best.
I have a particle ring with circles which is rotated -90° (x-axis). In the middle there is a white sqaure (or a logo). When I add a camera and turn to 3d it looks good (left image). But as soon as I check the 3D checkbox in the emitter, so all the particles face the camera, it breacks the 3d compositing (right image).

Is there a possibility to fix that?

Thanks for any kind of help.
-Jonathan

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Particle emitter in 3d space
on Oct 2, 2014 at 7:16:38 pm

You need to make sure your group is set to 3D.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Jonathan Hess
on Oct 2, 2014 at 7:29:35 pm

Hi Simon
Thanks for your answer. The group is set to 3D. I switched it when I added the camera.
But I figured out, that I can change the particle rendering from lokal 3D to global 3D. And now it works.
I was working on a bigger project and there must be something corrupt in it because these settings doesn't work there. But in a fresh project everything's alright. So I have to rebuild this bigger project and hope that it will work.

Btw: Simon you have really awesome motion tutorials, it's really inspiring.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Oct 2, 2014 at 7:41:33 pm

Glad you got it sorted out. I have found that Motion projects that I've been working on for a really long time can start behaving strangely (especially recently in 5.1.2) - I think a lot of crud gets left behind in the XML after a while which doesn't get fully cleared out.

Very pleased to hear you like the tutorials. Thanks :)

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]