FORUMS: list search recent posts

keyed blur *pops* off

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Taylor
keyed blur *pops* off
on Jul 21, 2014 at 3:07:46 pm

Hello,

I'm trying add an element I've masked off into another clip and then zoom in on both. Therefor i'm using a blur filter to make the element look out of focus and progressively become clearer as the zoom nears its completion. However it doesn't seem to want to gradually key, i.e. it stays very blurred out and then on last keyframe it just 'pops' into focus.

Was wondering if there's something I'm missing, or if a more familiar user has already developed a workaround for this but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: keyed blur *pops* off
on Jul 21, 2014 at 3:14:45 pm

Keyframe the blur amount.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Bruce Taylor
on Jul 21, 2014 at 3:21:21 pm

I am, i don't seem to notice much if any difference from where it starts at amount 4.0 to amount 0.0 then it goes to amount 0 and pops

Return to posts index

Bruce Taylor
on Jul 21, 2014 at 3:50:46 pm

it seems as if any blur, even when set to all zero's, is affecting my masked element pretty severely. does this make sense?

Return to posts index

Brent Cook
on Jul 26, 2014 at 1:10:21 am

[Bruce Taylor] "it stays very blurred out and then on last keyframe it just 'pops' into focus. "

Sounds like your blur keyframe interpolation might be set to exponential instead of something like linear or bezier.

Return to posts index

Bruce Taylor
on Jul 28, 2014 at 1:23:02 pm

I'll definitely have to look into that. What I ended up doing for the test (real work is yet to come) is mask the element and place it into the clip. Export the whole as a movie. Reimport the move then add a circle blur to the part I wanted to defocus (For some reason the circle blur wasn't "popping" like every other blur I tried)

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 28, 2014 at 9:41:23 pm

Why not instead mess with the camera's range settings? As your camera pushes in or pulls out, it can reveal or hide layers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]