FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Generator Limiting Duration

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Andrews
Motion Generator Limiting Duration
on Jul 8, 2014 at 2:46:39 am

I am new to creating generators and transitions in Motion and using them in Final Cut X. I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I cant find the answer anywhere.

I've created a generator and would like to limit the length of it. When it's placed in Final Cut X, it comes in at 4 seconds. I would like to restrict the length to 4 seconds so it can't be extended or shortened.

Thanks for any advice,

-mark

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Motion Generator Limiting Duration
on Jul 9, 2014 at 10:35:08 am

Then you'll need to use something other than a generator, since that's their nature and the whole point behind them. They are resolution and time independent, no matter what. Unless there's a setting/option that I'm not aware of.

Return to posts index

Alex Gollner
Re: Motion Generator Limiting Duration
on Jul 14, 2014 at 8:15:40 am

You can't do anything in Motion to stop an editor changing the duration of a generator in Final Cut. You can however make sure it only shows content for 4 seconds or less - however much the editor increases the duration of the generator in the timeline.

Set up the Motion generator to be 4 seconds long and 1 frame.
Create your content so its duration is 4 seconds long
Deselect everything, go to the last empty frame
Set a marker: Mark > Markers > Set Mark
Choose Mark > Markers > Edit Marker
Change the new marker's Type to 'Build In - Mandatory'

Now when you use this generator in Final Cut, it won't scale any of your work in time - all behaviours and animations and duration will be fixed to 4 seconds and then vanish - if you make sure no content is visible in that last frame.

@Alex4D

alex4d on twitter, facebook, .wordpress.com & .com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]