FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transforming still objects in Motion 5

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Malgorzata Wojtunik
Transforming still objects in Motion 5
on Jun 22, 2014 at 8:09:49 pm

Hi guys,

I've been struggling for a long time with this issue, trying to figure it out on my own, but I am the Motion 5 newbie and I think I need your help.

I want to make animation of a neck cord. This neck cord will have some picture on it and I want it to unfold, scale in and move through the pictures. I managed to create a bazier mask that does that ( You can see the animation here:

- I know it's not perfect, but this is more or less what I need to do ) unfortunately, I can't do the same thing with the file that I already have (image below).

I can't bend it and change its shape. Should I apply some sort of mask and then change it ? I tried to look for tutorials on that and wasn't very successful in that.

Can you give me some advice on how to make it happen ?

Thanks
Gosia

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Transforming still objects in Motion 5
on Jun 23, 2014 at 2:02:11 pm

Grab a smaller piece of that film strip as a still, then drop it into a replicator, or the image well for your bezier path?

Return to posts index

Malgorzata Wojtunik
on Jun 23, 2014 at 6:08:24 pm

Hey,

I am not sure if I understand well what you mean. I should grab a piece of this film strip and replicate it, but how can I transform it later on ? How should I make it from the rectangular strip to kind of an oval which is at the beginning of the animation ?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 23, 2014 at 11:16:01 pm

the replicator can be made to push multiple replicated stills along a path you draw. You adjust the spacing between the frames until it looks like one continuous strand again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]