FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keying out grey image backgrounds

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Griffen Lawrence
Keying out grey image backgrounds
on Apr 22, 2014 at 11:56:34 pm

I need help with keying in motion 5. I am trying to add a ground crack for an explosion but i cant figure out how to get rid of the grey background. I uploaded a picture of what i need to key out please help

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Keying out grey image backgrounds
on Apr 23, 2014 at 5:26:04 pm

I don't see the image you are referencing. Use the "Image Upload" button to embed it into the post. The "image upload" button is in the place where you type your response to this post. Look for the icon that looks like a camera. If you hover the cursor over it it will say Image Upload. Once you have uploaded the image it will let you copy the embed code and you can paste it in your reply.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Brent Cook
Re: Keying out grey image backgrounds
on Apr 25, 2014 at 4:50:16 am

Here's how I would do it: Add your crack image on a layer above the ground image. Add a levels filter and bring the white slider (on the right) under the histogram to the left just until you start to see the dark shadowy parts of the crack start to go away and dial it back a bit. Then change the blend mode of the crack layer to multiply. Here's what it looks like. Let me know if I didn't explain it well, and I'll upload screen caps of the steps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]