FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 5 export error -1

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Cantwell
Motion 5 export error -1
on Jan 16, 2014 at 1:08:52 pm

Help! I'm having a major problem with Motion 5... Due to a comedy of errors too long to dwell on, I've got a Motion 5 sequence that needs exported. But it just won't go. Project is all XDCAM HD 1080i60 video, and it's not using any templates - all transitions & effects were built in the program by the original creator.

No matter the settings, no matter the format, exporting always fails. The error code it gives me is -1, and it fails at a different frame every time. I've tried restarting, clearing RAM preview, and everything else I could think of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Bryan Cantwell
Re: Motion 5 export error -1
on Jan 17, 2014 at 3:51:26 am

An update of sorts.

After running every single Apple recommended trouble shooting fix, I'm still in the same boat, but there was a small bright spot.

Originally, I was working over a network, from a Synology NAS. I moved the project & media to my local drive, cleared as much unnecessary data from the computer as possible, restarted, and got one clean export of the project. One.

For the greater good, I attempted more exports after the successful one, but all subsequent efforts failed.

It's looking like it may be a memory issue. Will update on further research/attempts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]