FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any idea why publishing a generator creates such a huge file?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Rose
Any idea why publishing a generator creates such a huge file?
on Nov 14, 2013 at 6:50:59 am

I am working on a project for a client that provided me with a purchased template. I have changed the color scheme and replaced some elements with logos from an .AI file. All rather straightforward. The original template project is a whole show open, about 45 sec in length. I used the first three scenes as a short intro for a series of web videos. The last three are serving as an outro. Every time I open the file to make some tweaks (shifting a few keyframes) and then resave it, it seems to double in size. This 17 sec template is now creating 300+ megabyte files. All of the elements are cloned from 1 .psd of a picture frame or dropzones. It also is now asking me if I want to delete all of the media associated with almost all of the layers every time I try to save as well.

I plan on delivering the generator files to the client for their in house editors to use when they create new videos, but these file sizes seem ludicrous.

ANY input or Ideas would be great. (I am an after effects artist of many years, this is my first foray into motion)

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Any idea why publishing a generator creates such a huge file?
on Nov 14, 2013 at 1:32:46 pm

I would check the Media tab (next to the Layers tab in the Project pane to see if you are referencing multiple copies of the same media somehow. I've never seen a project grow in size like that - seems very odd. Even if it were referencing the same media, not sure if that would increase the size. I'm assuming you mean the project itself, not all the consolidated media that it references.

You could also do a save as to see if that helps. Or, copy-paste all the layers into a new empty project.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Christopher Rose
Re: Any idea why publishing a generator creates such a huge file?
on Dec 12, 2013 at 2:47:34 am

I figured it out. I was switching files in and out of dropzones to create test renders for the client. These clips had audio and even after they were replaced with smaller clips, they were getting exported to the media folder along with the generator. I resolved it my going into the audio tab and deleting the unneeded audio. this freed them up for deletion when deleting unused media.

Thanks for the feedback, and I hope this helps someone in the future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]