FORUMS: list search recent posts

hi everyone. motion 4 question here

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jefferson Andres
hi everyone. motion 4 question here
on Nov 11, 2013 at 4:05:14 pm

I'm just new in motion 4 and I want to know how to move my anchor point to any part of the image, and how to parent them to the other image like in after effects.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: hi everyone. motion 4 question here
on Nov 11, 2013 at 6:01:39 pm

To move the Anchor Point select the layer you want to effect. Go up to the arrow symbol in the top left corner of the canvas next to the 3D tool and then tool with the hand on it. Hold down the mouse button and you get a drop down menu. Click on the second one with the circle with the dot in the middle and then you can grab the anchor point in the image and move it around.

As for parenting. They added a feature to Motion 5 that should do what you want with a Rig. The only thing I can think of trying is the Link Behavior but this won't be easy like After Effects. I never used Motion 5 so I"m not very familiar with the Rig tool. Hope this is of some help.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Jefferson Andres
on Nov 11, 2013 at 6:11:58 pm

thanks dude I thought there will be no easy way on moving the anchor point, but on the parenting, I'm only using motion 4 thats why i dont know what you mean >.<
tnx anyway

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 11, 2013 at 6:25:52 pm

The best you are going to get with parenting is adding a behavior, Parameter, Link

IN the Source object you drag the layer you want to parent together in to it. Change the Source Parameter to what it is you want to mimic. For example, if it is the position: Properties, Transform, Position, All. Then when you move the position of the one layer they move together. It sucks compared to After Effects but that is the only way that I know of.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]