FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with image sequences in Motion 5.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bradley Bailey
Problem with image sequences in Motion 5.
on Oct 20, 2013 at 12:11:31 am

Hi there,

I'm looking for a bit of advice on using image sequences in Motion 5. I'm trying to use the programme to create a stop motion animation but I'm new to the program and only understand the basics of how it works.

The problem I'm having is that when I import a sequences of images as a clip, I then can't remove badly shot frames without messing up the numbered sequence which leaves black gaps in the clip when played. I've tried deleting the bad images from the folder in which they are stored on the computer but this then doesn't allow me to create one clip again. Instead this way makes many small clips which then need to be puzzled together. Is there a way of telling motion to ignore the number gaps and just make one clip or will I have to re number thousands if images. I know animation is time consuming to produce but is there a way around this. Could really do with a bit of advice if anyone understands my problem.

Thank you for your time!
Bradley

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Problem with image sequences in Motion 5.
on Oct 20, 2013 at 1:31:11 am

If you're editing images out of image sequences, then you need to rename your images when you delete individual files from the stack so that they remain in sequence. There are a number of free, bulk rename programs out there that can do this quickly and easily.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]