FORUMS: list search recent posts

Selection In Point/Out Point Weirdness

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Northcross
Selection In Point/Out Point Weirdness
on Aug 7, 2013 at 3:35:54 pm

Wondering if anyone has come across a potential bug in Motion 5.0.5 where the move to Selection In Point/ Move to Selection Out Point command moves the playhead somewhere other than the in point and out point of the selected object? I've broken down a large chunk of dialogue into individual sentences. Each sentence is in its own group that is trimmed to start and stop at a specific time in the animation. Each of the sentence groups are collected into a group that holds only the text layers. This group I've titled "animated text"

When I try using the Selection In Point/ Selection Out Point Commands, I'm transported to the start and end of the "Animated Text" group and not the individual sentence group I have selected. Essentially any object held within the "animated text" group seems to have its in and out points mapped as the in and out point of the "animated text" group and not itself.

Anyone have an idea of what's going on? Am I experiencing a bug or am I missing something workflow-wise? Thanks in advance for your time and your talents.

"Whether you think you can or can't, you're right."

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Selection In Point/Out Point Weirdness
on Aug 7, 2013 at 3:43:38 pm

Yes I've had that happen.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net