FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow for keying Master Clip before edit with FCP

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Cardwell
Workflow for keying Master Clip before edit with FCP
on Apr 17, 2013 at 5:11:51 pm

Hey guys,

I am looking for an easy process of alpha keying a full master clip I captured from FCP 7 using Motion, then sending the keyed footage back to FCP as a master clip. Here is my desired workflow:

FCP (Log and Capture) -> Motion (key out green) -> FCP (pre-keyed for edit)

Normally in FCP I would lay down the entire sequence, including B-Roll, inserting only the needed sections of my un-keyed footage. This usually results in having the un-keyed footage sectioned out in different areas of my sequence. Once I have the final product, I would then have to send each of the un-keyed clips separately to Motion for keying. This is a pain, and there must be an easier way to do this. Right now, here is my workflow:

Un-keyed Clip 1 -> Motion -> FCP.
Un-keyed Clip 2 -> Motion -> FCP.
Un-keyed Clip 3 -> Motion -> FCP.
....etc.

Anyone know a way to solve this problem without straying from the FCP -> Motion streamline? (No exporting to file)

Thanks,

Adam

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Workflow for keying Master Clip before edit with FCP
on Apr 17, 2013 at 9:33:59 pm

I'm not sure why you want to just key a clip in Motion 4. The Primatee RT keyer is in FCP as well. Or you can use the Chroma Keyer.

If you don't want to export out a clip you can treat the Motion project file like it is a clip and render it in FCP, keep in mind that the Render time will be long.

Stephen Smith - Follow me on Behance

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]