FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reverse engineering a template

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Browe
Reverse engineering a template
on Mar 28, 2013 at 2:54:30 am

Hey everyone!

I am running into a bit of a problem with motion 5 and I was hoping someone could help. I found and purchased this awesome custom built video wall template from video hive:

http://videohive.net/item/slidetube/3251537

If you watch the video demo you'll notice that the camera ends zooming into a particular drop zone. Once I got the template opened I noticed they had manually key framed a camera to move around the space. What I want to do is reverse the camera movements so it starts zooming into that drop zone as opposed to ending at it so the end result is revealing the video wall first. I've tried numerous behaviors which seem to do nothing. I've thought about just reversing the final output in final cut but since I'm using a variety of video and images it would make the final output look incredibly weird... Especially the video.

Do I really have to manually key frame the camera by hand to achieve this effect or is there something I can do as a workaround?. If someone is up to the task (especially if this has to be key framed by hand) I will gladly send them the template to keep in exchange for their time.

Please help Obi Wan...you're my only hope.

....ok....that sounded better in my head.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Reverse engineering a template
on Mar 28, 2013 at 2:39:02 pm

In the keyframe editor you can move the keyframes around so you move the last keyframes to where the first ones are. If you do want a Behavior the one to use is the Framing Behavior for the camera. It is really a powerful feature.

Stephen Smith - Follow me on Behance

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Reverse engineering a template
on Mar 28, 2013 at 2:53:23 pm

If it's keyframed, you're going to have to move to that keyframe and manually move the camera to how/where you want it pointing.

Now, there's an uber cool motion trick to move a camera...like a video game. It's called the walk 3d tool (it's under the Hand/Pan and zoom tools on the toolbar.)

Park on the keyframe. Switch to the Walk 3D tool. The arrow keys move you forward/backwards, up/down like you were playing a video game. Click and drag on screen to 'drag' l/r/u/d

And you can always use the keyframe graph to lasso the keyframes for the camera and move them in time where you'd like. Also, if you take something like Camera position, you can lasso the keyframes themselves and 'reverse' animation.

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Author/Master Instructor/Speaker/Consulting
My contact info and more
New! Come see me speak @ NAB/Post Production World!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]