FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 4 will not allow me to do anything

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dawn howes
Motion 4 will not allow me to do anything
on Jan 31, 2013 at 7:17:18 pm

I can open Motion 4 but It opens with previous projects I've worked on. It will not let me delete them. All i get is a a BING noise stopping me. I can not open a new project. I can not close unless I Force Quit. Those options are Greyed Out. I can only use Force Quit. I can open any previous project but I can't do anything once they are opened...BING sound again.
I've tried to delete the Plist file (learned to find that in another forum) but it doesn't exsist...could that be my problem?
What else can I do to fix this issue? Thanks Dawn

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion 4 will not allow me to do anything
on Jan 31, 2013 at 7:22:15 pm

Sorry about all of the problems. Take a look at this article and see if it helps: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1885?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

dawn howes
on Jan 31, 2013 at 7:32:00 pm

thanks for such a quick reply. The link you send me was the first stop I've made..it's where I learned about the plist and how to delete it...but it's not in my Library/Preference anywhere. what could that mean? Is this why I'm having trouble?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 31, 2013 at 8:09:41 pm

It gets confusing since there are two Library folders and they are very similar. Be sure to click on the Home Folder which is the icon in the shape of a home. Then go to Library, Preferences. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

dawn howes
on Jan 31, 2013 at 8:22:31 pm

ahh, thanks. I looked in the Home location...no Library Folder there at all. Sounds Bad.
My only Library folder is under the Dawns iMac icon.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 31, 2013 at 8:30:23 pm

I have never used an iMac but I'm assuming it should be the same as it is on my computer since it is the OS. Not sure what to do other then trying to re-install Motion. Hopefully someone out in the pasture has a better answer then me.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

dawn howes
on Jan 31, 2013 at 8:45:06 pm

yes, that's my next step...reinstall. Can I just reinstall MOTION and nothing else?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 31, 2013 at 9:20:37 pm

You don't have to remove everything that was installed with Motion. Refer back to that article and keep your fingers crossed. I'm so sorry, a re-install is not fun.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]