FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reversing Motion project

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Davis
Reversing Motion project
on Jan 9, 2013 at 8:31:02 pm

Hello all. I was wondering if there is a way to reverse a whole project so that the beginning time is end and end time is start. Didn't want to have to go back in and change the timing on all layers.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Reversing Motion project
on Jan 9, 2013 at 9:33:20 pm

Can you export out the clip and then bring it into your editing application or Motion and reverse the clip?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Alex Gollner
on Jan 10, 2013 at 1:26:07 am

If everything is in a group, make a clone of the group and then apply a scrub filter and keyframe the frame number that is being displayed.

@Alex4D

alex4d on twitter, facebook, .wordpress.com & .com

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Jan 11, 2013 at 4:59:54 pm

Make a duplicate of the project so as to not mess up the original.

In the duplicate, try this...

Select everything. Go to the keyframe editor (the icon at the extreme bottom-right of the interface) and select all keyframes with the box icon tool selected from the left (Transform Keyframes Tool). You'll get a selection box around all keyframes with handles on its edges.

Drag one edge inward toward the other edge. You're reversing all the keyframes. Work those edges across each other until you get all the keyframes in reverse order.

Just thinking out loud here. This has worked well for me in smaller chunks but I've not tried it on a whole project. The success will depend partly on what effects you're using.

If it works for you please return and report it. If not, please don't report back and just let me look like I know what I'm talking about! :)

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Nick Harauz
on Jan 11, 2013 at 11:30:19 pm

If you're in Motion 5, you could try saving your project as a Final Cut generator by going to File - Publish Template. Create a new category and theme of your choice and make sure save as a Final Cut Generator is selected. Click Publish.

Launch Final Cut and locate the generator in your Media Browser. Double-Click to bring it into your project. Select the generator and turn it into a compound clip. Under the retiming menu, choose reverse clip and export out your project.

Alternatively, you could export out your Motion Project, reimport it back into Motion and from under behaviors choose retiming - reverse

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]