FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 5: Stabilization Fail

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Smith
Motion 5: Stabilization Fail
on Dec 1, 2012 at 8:56:11 am

Exploring Motion 5 with some basic tracking stabilization. It's failing, too often, lots of these warning signs. Multiple efforts, close/reopen, restarted computer, tried region (shown), trackers, different settings. If I try the entire frame with the auto-stabilization it jumps around a lot, to the point where it's stupidly tedious to try to fix frame by frame. Any advice? Does anyone know if there's a way to get more info on what's happening with this warning sign? A log somewhere? I can't find anything, internet, manual or otherwise.

Return to posts index

Jason Watson
Re: Motion 5: Stabilization Fail
on Dec 1, 2012 at 1:58:40 pm

The warning sign is telling you that on this particular frame, the tracking point went outside of the parameters you told it to use.

The little 'x' next to the exclamation point is the same one used when you use a tracker; my guess for why they display it here is that since the track region doesn't have a specified point like a tracker, there's no point for it to show where the error was like it would if you were using a tracker.

As for the best way to stabilize your footage, it's hard to say without seeing the entirety of what you want to stabilize.

Return to posts index

Jerry Smith
Re: Motion 5: Stabilization Fail
on Dec 1, 2012 at 6:12:08 pm

Okay, thank you, I can try something based on that. I was using smooth so I was confused on this point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]