FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fill Text Face with Video?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Mailer
Fill Text Face with Video?
on Nov 28, 2012 at 11:17:21 am

I have some 3d text in Motion and I want to fill the face with a video clip.

I think I've succeeded at this a long while back but completely forgotten how. Unfortunately it's not as easy as Text->Style->Face->Fill With->"Video" which is not an option.

Does anyone have a simple sequence to follow?

Return to posts index

Jason Watson
Re: Fill Text Face with Video?
on Nov 28, 2012 at 12:49:36 pm

It will depend on what the text is doing. If it's stationary, the easiest way would be to place the footage above it (scaling and positioning as desired) and then using the text as an image mask on the footage.

If the text is moving, you could still go the image mask route, but first you'd need to match the footage to the text animation.

Return to posts index

Bryan Mailer
on Nov 28, 2012 at 12:54:47 pm

Hi,

The text is moving, probably rotating. Is it not possible to have the video on the face of the text so it rotates as well?

At the very worst, it ought to work with some sort of:
- import the video / send it to motion
- image mask it to a letter
- 3d whatever the result of that is and replicate it as a Line with points
- animate that result to move / rotate / whatever...

?

Return to posts index

Jason Watson
on Nov 28, 2012 at 1:15:01 pm

You could go that direction, but if you already have the text animated you could bring in your footage and match move (via the match move behavior) it to the text animation and then use the text as an image mask.

If you are using the replicator to simulate 3D text, I'd use the source text as the mask and then let the replicated text form the 'sides' of the 3D text. Of course, that assumes that the animation is on the source text rather than the replicator. If it's the latter, I'd duplicate the replicator, bring the number of points down to 1 and use that replicator as the image mask for the footage.

Hope that makes sense.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]