FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zaxwerks???

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Shapiro
Zaxwerks???
on Nov 1, 2012 at 5:01:15 am

Hey!

I have seen, on multiple website, that Zaxwerks does something to help 3d stuff in Motion. I want to be able to import .obj files into it, but I hear that this is not possible. What exactly does Zaxwerks do? and what is the closest I can get to importing 3d objects into Motion 5?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Zaxwerks???
on Nov 1, 2012 at 1:56:37 pm

Zax is good for a couple of things, mostly, IMO, if you have files in Adobe Illustrator format, you can quickly extrude and bevel them into actual 3-d objects, then apply nice canned camera moves and textures to them. This is most often used to quickly turn flat client logos into spiffy 3-d spinning logos. Now, that's not all it can do, but to get the most out of it requires a bit of practice.

I think some versions of zaxwerkes *can* import .obj or other 3-d file types, but I don't know enough details. I just got a version of it myself and have not had much time to play with it yet. Thankfully, the COW has a dedicated forum for this product so your next step is to ask the question there.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 1, 2012 at 2:43:23 pm

You can use Zaxwerk's ProAnimator FX to import 3D objects. It should import:

FBX Animation (.fbx)
Maya/Wavefront (.obj)
3D Studio Models (.3ds)
Lightwave Models (.lwo)
Electric Image Models (.fac)
Cinema 4D Models (.c4d)
Autocad Models (.dxf)

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

David Shapiro
on Nov 1, 2012 at 6:10:33 pm

In Motion 5? or only 3 and 4?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 1, 2012 at 6:50:39 pm

I'm on Motion 4. I would imagine it would be the same on all. You can always download a trial version.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

David Shapiro
on Nov 2, 2012 at 4:38:41 pm

Apparently Zaxwerks doesn't work for Motion 5 because it is a 32 bit plugin. They are, however, working on an update.

Return to posts index

David Shapiro
on Nov 5, 2012 at 8:24:51 pm

Well, until they do come out with Zaxwerks Motion 5 do you know of ANY other 3d plugin that works for Motion 5?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 5, 2012 at 9:17:26 pm

I have never used it but there is Boris FX 3D Objects. I can't see anywhere on their page as to what versions of Motion they support. They have a free trial. Here is their site: http://www.borisfx.com/units/3dobjects.php

Here is a tutorial on the COW on how to use it: http://library.creativecow.net/de_jong_dirk/motion3d/1

Not sure this helps but best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]