FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using a motion path in Z space

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pete Goetz
Using a motion path in Z space
on Oct 31, 2012 at 3:46:25 pm

Help!

I am running into a snag with one of my apple motion projects. I am trying to rotate 4 objects in 3d around an imaginary point but because of the layering I cannot get them to pass behind each other. Two of them still pass in front. Is there something really easy I am forgetting? I am trying to work in Z space with motion paths but once I lay down the motion path for the objects to rotate, I lose control of the Z function. Grrr…

Oh and I am using Motion 4 btw...

Return to posts index

AJ Robinson
Re: Using a motion path in Z space
on Oct 31, 2012 at 4:31:32 pm

Hello there!

First of all, make sure that your group is 3D (obviously). Then make sure that you have layer order OFF

If you are working with particles, for future reference check out this tutorial I made a long time ago, .

Hope that helps,

Didn't help?

Return to posts index

Pete Goetz
on Oct 31, 2012 at 4:34:19 pm

Thanks! Yes the layer is 3d. :) I am working in Motion 4. Where do I find out how to turn the layer order off?

Return to posts index

AJ Robinson
on Oct 31, 2012 at 7:03:48 pm

Oops I guess it's not the same. Hmm. I'm not really sure what you have going on to make it not 3D. What type of layers are they? Images, particles, generators, etc.. If I had your project I'm sure I could figure out what's wrong in a few minutes.

~AJ

Return to posts index

Pete Goetz
on Oct 31, 2012 at 7:10:02 pm

Thanks AJ. I figured it out. I had four images that I wanted to rotate in a three dimensional circle. I drew an oval as a motion but the oval was only 2d. I added a camera to the project and opened up the perspective window in order to make the circle in Z space. Once I did that and added it as a motion path to my images they rotated in front of each other perfectly regardless of layer order. Appreciate the response!

Return to posts index

AJ Robinson
on Oct 31, 2012 at 7:35:09 pm

Oh Ok yeah you must remember to make all the layers 3D! I'm glad you figured it out,

~AJ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]