FORUMS: list search recent posts

artifacts with apple motion text

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brenda Napolitano
artifacts with apple motion text
on Jun 16, 2012 at 4:00:29 am

Hello everyone,

I have searched every forum i can find and have had no success finding anything regarding my problem. I am getting added unwanted text characters in motion.

It appears like an additional text layer directly underneath another text layer, however there is only one layer. If I select the affected layer, go to the text tab, select all text in the text box and cut, the extra character is still visible on the canvas, but there is nothing in the text box (in the inspector/text tab). And while i can't see it in the text box, it behaves as though there is something there - if i change any of the parameters in the text tab, it is reflected in the canvas. (i.e. if i change the text size, it gets biger in the canvas.) And while i can see it in the canvas, it behaves as though nothing is there - I double click in the text box in the canvas, my cursor appears, but that's it. I can't click and drag to select the character; I can't use the arrows to direct the cursor past the character (to try to delete). Furthermore, it's not always the same character - i can open the same project and a different character will appear and in different places. I don't do anything other than open, close and reopen the project. It is very odd.

The artifact is visiible on my external monitor (Pani HD thru Matrox MO2); it renders with the artifact.

I have tried trashing prefs. I've updated my software. I am about to loose my mind. Any thoughts on how to get rid of these characters or what is causing them?

I have 2 laptops - one with 10.5.8, they other running 10.6.8 It happens on both.

MBP 5,2; 2.8ghz intel 2 Duo; 10.6.8; Motion 4.0.3
MBP 4,1; 2.6ghz; intel 2 Duo; motion 4.0.3

B

Return to posts index

Anders Larsen
Re: artifacts with apple motion text
on Jun 18, 2012 at 9:53:37 am

Try to copy all your layers to a new motion document and see if it's still there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]