FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project resolution: 1080 X 6300

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Jordan
Project resolution: 1080 X 6300
on May 17, 2012 at 9:52:24 pm

A client has asked me to produce a video for their trade fair which I have gone ahead and done using Motion 4 at 1920 X 1080 resolution.

I've now just received an e-mail from the stand designer saying that the video will be spread across 3 screens with a viewable area of 1080 X 6300 (apparently 180 pixels are lost between each screen). If I go to my Motion project and change the project settings to that resolution I get the following message: "The project is too large to render with these settings. Your hardware cannot support a project this size. Try reducing the resolution of the project."

Frankly I'm at a lost what to do. Furthermore the video has to be delivered in 6 day's time!

MacBook Pro
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Richard Jordan

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Project resolution: 1080 X 6300
on May 17, 2012 at 10:00:50 pm

Motion's max resolution is a function of your graphics card - the highest possible is 8K, which would be enough for this job. So assuming you have a MacPro, you could upgrade your card - or deliver a scaled-down version matching the aspect ratio they want, and then then can blow it up. Really, this is the client's fault for not giving you the correct delivery specifications - I always require this information up front because it's hard or impossible to fix after the fact.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 17, 2012 at 10:08:56 pm

So they don't take three separate videos and then "glue" them back together in the software that plays the video in the three separate screens?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Chris Lehmann
on Jun 11, 2012 at 4:22:44 pm

I've worked with LED screens similar to this before. There may be other options like rendering in stacked strips instead of one extremely wide video. Another option would be to work in a lower resolution and upscale it after rendering, but this will lose quality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]