FORUMS: list search recent posts

Make animation time available in Final Cut Pro X?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas Zeitler
Make animation time available in Final Cut Pro X?
on May 15, 2012 at 2:40:40 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to make a "zoom in" effect in Motion 5. For editing it would be good to have a checkbox, pop-up, or slider that allows the editor to set the length of the zoom in, e.g. 5sec, 3sec, 1sec.

I have a rectangle on the canvas that I'm using as mask for the effect source. For the zoom, this rectangle scales up over a certain amount of time. The mask rectangles' scale and effect source' scale are linked.

I tried several things for linking and rigging, but nothing actually worked. The problem is that, let's say, I want to add an effect to the source, only whilst it's zooming in. I can't see how I could have that effect.

I made an example file. You need to activate both Grow 1s/Stop 1s groups or respectively Grows 2s/Stop 2s to see it work. The effect added to the source is an example for the 1s zoom in animation. Irrelevant layers are removed.
4144_zoominexample.moef.zip

Thanks for any help.

Andreas

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Make animation time available in Final Cut Pro X?
on May 15, 2012 at 3:54:57 pm

Use the Ramp behavior on any parameter for which you want to publish the animation times. Alternatively, Exponential and Logarithmic give you dufferent animation curves that you may prefer.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Andreas Zeitler
on May 15, 2012 at 4:30:43 pm

Thanks. I had this already yesterday, but for some reason it looked different this morning, so I deleted it.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on May 15, 2012 at 5:12:20 pm

If you want to animate a zoom, then add a Ramp behavior to the layer's scale (master) value.

Adjust the End Value of the Ramp bevahior to get the amount of scaling you want (or publish it if you prefer).

Publish End Offset of the Ramp behavior to give control over the duration of the animation (preferably via a widget). Note that this works backwards from the end of the behavior, so if you had a 100 frame project and you wanted the animation to last 30 frames you'd need an offset of 70 frames. And so on. If you are using a widget you can make this easier to read for the FCPX user with a few extra steps.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Andreas Zeitler
on May 15, 2012 at 8:39:32 pm

That's how I solved it in the end. I made a pop-up widget and recorded the various end/start offsets for the parameters I want to have animated. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]