FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inconsistent Motion (ver 4) Template behaviour

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Poll
Inconsistent Motion (ver 4) Template behaviour
on Apr 25, 2012 at 11:41:01 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could help/advise me with a problem I'm having with some Motion Templates (Motion 4, FCP 7)

I built some templates for a super bar in Motion. The template allow for an adjustment of the bar transparency behind the super text. Another adjustment allows the positioning of a split between two colours within the super bar. I'm using a "cheat" to publish these adjustments to FCP (using a "link" behaviour to connect a dummy text scale parameter to either the transparency or crop of the graphics described above).

The templates used to work fine across all 3 of our Mac edit systems. Recently, however, the video card in one of the stations appeared to have fried, and was replaced. While the system is otherwise fine, and everything works normally, the Motion templates are now wonked out in that one room. It seems that the transparency and crop values are not interpreted the same way by the new video card as they were by the old one. I can't figure out why this should be happening (after all, the templates are just XML text with all the values built into them), nor can I figure out how to correct the problem. Even when I open the original Motion project I used to create the templates, I can already see that the opacity levels are set differently between the edit suites (and this is when I open the exact same file in the different rooms).

It's really annoying, because sharing templates to and from that room will cause them to go out-of-whack in the other room when you try to re-edit.

Does anyone have any ideas how I could resolve this problem?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]