FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoothing Uneven Dolly Shot

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Harris
Smoothing Uneven Dolly Shot
on Apr 12, 2012 at 10:35:14 pm

Hi,

I'm using a Mac Pro 4x2.66, OSX 10.6.4, 16 gigs of RAM and Final Cut Studio, v7.03 and Motion 4.

I have an uneven dolly/slider shot. Using a 5dmkII I panned and dollied at the same time, unfortunately leaving me with a shot with uneven speed. Some parts are faster, others slower.

I worked on it in After Effects, with my advanced beginner skills, using Time Remapper. I achieved a useable result, however after previewing in the RAM Preview where it looked good, upon exporting it to 4444 ProRes and inserting in the fcp timeline the shot stuttered. I have tried repairing the Field Dominance in the clip, (it was imported with Upper, while my timeline was None) It improved only slightly. Please see results below

Someone on the AE forum suggested trying Optical Flow in Motion, I followed these steps, with terrible results. http://www.ehow.com/how_8655598_use-fcp-motion-stabilize-footage.html

This is the acceptable RAM Preview from AE - however as I said I haven't been able to export anything reasonable and have it play in properly FCP!

This is what an export from the FCP timeline looks like

It may not appear to be a dealbreaker, however this dolly shot reveals the finished aquarium at the end of the film and I'd love it to be perfect, or at least to show all my hard work in After Effects.

Should I start from scratch in Motion? Or can I use a 422 render from AE to work on in Motion?

Thanks in advance for your help, and please excuse the length and intricacy of this post!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]