FORUMS: list search recent posts

Items in GROUP shift?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erick Puentes
Items in GROUP shift?
on Mar 29, 2012 at 9:09:11 pm

I created this group that contains a generator and some circles with behaviors.

I duplicated that group several times and then Group the entire set, so I can animate them.

The problem is that all the circles in each on of those groups seem to shift once I animate (scale & positioning) the entire group. Is there a way to make sure they don't move? If I lock the layer/group, then I obviously can't animate it. Is there way to combine the generator/circles into a sort of symbol (I know, I know it's not Flash but trying make correlation)?

Thanks!

~Erick

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Items in GROUP shift?
on Mar 29, 2012 at 9:39:32 pm

Set the group to Fixed Resolution in the Group Inspector. By default, the group size changes depending on the position and size of the layers they contain. Fixed Resolution forces a group stay a specific size (by default, the size of your project, which is usually what you want).

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Erick Puentes
Re: Items in GROUP shift?
on Mar 30, 2012 at 8:18:03 pm

Ok... i have a couple question. I basically have two nested "groups" in one Main "group". First question do ALL the groups have to have that option of "fixed size" check? Next, if I'm scaling and repositioning, do I have to have it on 3D or 2D? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

Just so you know, I went a head and check on "fixed resolution to ALL the groups including the main group and kept it on 2D. When I tried to animate the main group, items still shifted around.

Thanks!
~Erick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]