FORUMS: list search recent posts

In Motion one font, FCP another...?!?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Lochstampfor
In Motion one font, FCP another...?!?
on Feb 8, 2012 at 7:09:27 pm

So I made a project in Motion(4.0.3) using SchoolHouse Printed A and then saved it and brought it into FCP (7.0.3).

When it imports into FCP the font is an entirely different one, even though Final cut has SchoolHouse Printed A as a font for use in Final Cut. So both pieces of software "know" the font I am using so why is it not translating from one to the other?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steven Topham
Re: In Motion one font, FCP another...?!?
on Feb 11, 2012 at 1:06:05 am

I've experienced similar issues. Doesn't make any sense and there isn't a fix insofar as something you are doing wrong.
Only option I can think of is to export the file from Motion as a .mov and import that into FCP, rather than putting the motion file directly into FCP.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Feb 11, 2012 at 3:20:12 pm

Use FontBook to make sure the font is installed at the Computer level, not the User, validate the font, and resolve duplicates.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Eric Lochstampfor
on Feb 14, 2012 at 3:53:19 pm

I used Font Books to check what level the font was installed at and it does not show up at all in Font Books. I checked two other edit machines, thinking it might be some obscure font I installed on my own but the font is present in FCP and Motion on both the other machines so i am assuming it's a system font.

I used the export as .mov suggestion and was successful with what I had intended to do,but I just find this very odd and glitchy....

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]