FORUMS: list search recent posts

arrows in motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Munckton
arrows in motion
on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:06:59 am

can anyone help. I need to, in motion, have some sun rays hitting a house. can the arrows(sun rays) bend at the point of contact and bounce away. IE at the point they hit the house and continue moving , instead of just changing direction the actually bend and move away also what is the easiest way to have the arrows coming in. made in replicator ?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: arrows in motion
on Dec 9, 2011 at 3:56:37 pm

Yes you can bend arrows. This is how: Create a line using the Bezier or B-Spline tool. Go to the Shape tab, Style. Check the Outline checkbox. Set Start cap to Arrow. You then can adjust the Arrow head. Then go the the Geometry tab. Set Control Point keyframes. bend the arrow and set more keyframes. PS, I find it easiest to have three control points. Hope this "Points" you in the right direction. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Andy Nickless
on Dec 11, 2011 at 12:22:41 pm

Thanks Stephen, that's finally given me the solution to a problem I've been trying to solve for three days!
If only there was a decent search or index facility on Motion 5 help it would have avoided all that.
Andy

I've taught you all I know, and still you know nothing.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 12, 2011 at 3:59:36 pm

Andy,
Happy to help and best of luck. I really like that feature and it has saved me a lot of time.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Phil Munckton
on Dec 13, 2011 at 12:16:16 am

Hey thanks Stephen. That was a big help good work.
Phil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]