FORUMS: list search recent posts

Serious Motion 5 audio problem

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Muir
Serious Motion 5 audio problem
on Nov 15, 2011 at 2:38:01 pm

I add a clip with clean (waveform examined) audio into Motion 5, process it through "Analyze Motion". On playback, there is an unholy audio blast through the speakers when the playhead passes each of the first two keyframes. If I export the clip, the sound artifacts are quieter but still there. Examining the audio in the output clip, the waveform becomes a solid bar that goes off the top of the scale where the problems are.

That was on my Mac Pro. I replicated the procedure on my iMac with exactly the same results.

Both machines are on separate UPSs on separate electrical circuits.

I have searched the Forum and I seem to be the only one with this problem. Can it be?

Mac Pro 6-core 3.33-12Gb, iMac 24" 3.06 Core Duo 8Gb, MacBook Pro 13" 2.7 Core i7 8Gb

Return to posts index

Paul Muir
Re: Serious Motion 5 audio problem
on Nov 16, 2011 at 9:14:38 pm

In response to a request for more information on the Apple Discussions Board, I sent the following reply:

The clip is a DV clip of an an egret flying. I had applied Analyze Motion from the Motion Tracker folder and manually entered a number of keyframes. I can't recall what other actions I took, if any, because I was just playing around trying to learn the program. I thought that if I went back to the autosave versions of the motn file, I might be able to figure it out, so I reloaded one and it reproduced the problem as before.

I then moved the motn file from the Autosave folder into a "Motion Problem" folder while assembling all the relevant elements for submission (to?). When I reload this file back into Motion from there, the problem is gone. Nor does it reappear when I put the motn file back into autosave and run it from there.Very bizarre!

I have made a jpeg of a comparison of the audio waveforms of the original clip and the problem output clearly showing the nasty artifacts but don't know where to send it.

Until I reproduced the situation from scratch (short term memory okay) on my iMac, I thought the problem might be related to the random audio popping I'm getting on my Mac Pro. I suppose I had best just keep my speaker volume low and hope that it doesn't happen again.

The problem is serious, but elusive.

Mac Pro 6-core 3.33-12Gb, iMac 24" 3.06 Core Duo 8Gb, MacBook Pro 13" 2.7 Core i7 8Gb

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]