FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you send clips from an FCP sequence to an *existing* Motion project?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Randall
Can you send clips from an FCP sequence to an *existing* Motion project?
on Nov 13, 2011 at 12:27:55 pm

Unless I'm missing something, the "send" option in FCP will only let you send clips to a new project, not an existing one. I have started a Motion project and I now want to be able to edit clips within FCP and add them to the graphics environment I've created, but ideally I *don't* want to have to render them out as new QTs and then import them, because I want to retain the flexibility of being able to tweak the edits within Motion.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Can you send clips from an FCP sequence to an *existing* Motion project?
on Nov 13, 2011 at 3:21:16 pm

It doesn't work that way. But you can send your FCP clips to a new Motion project, then import your existing Motion project with the graphics into that new project.
Or, import your Motion project directly into FCP if you just need to place it over your video clips - no need to render a QT.

What you probably want, though, is Motion 5 and FCP X where you can have your Motion project saved as an effect right inside FCP X.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
Re: Can you send clips from an FCP sequence to an *existing* Motion project?
on Nov 14, 2011 at 10:47:32 am

[Mark Spencer] "you can send your FCP clips to a new Motion project, then import your existing Motion project with the graphics into that new project."

Cool, thanks Mark, I'll probably use that approach.

[Mark Spencer] "What you probably want, though, is Motion 5 and FCP X where you can have your Motion project saved as an effect right inside FCP X."

I'm afraid I'm holding off on even touching FCPX until Apple has made good on its promises to listen to the pro market and put necessary pro functionality back. If it doesn't, my company is probably going to shift to Premiere Pro CS6 when it becomes available next year.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]