FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can text attributes be copied and pasted?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Watts
Can text attributes be copied and pasted?
on Nov 9, 2011 at 4:22:13 pm

I'm working in motion 4.

I have quite a few layers of text added and applied a series of outline, drop shadow, opacity, and blur settings. I'd like to copy those attributes and paste them onto the other text layers. Can this be done?
(photoshop does this)

Also, can you save these attributes into a saved effect to apply now or later?

If you can't, what is a good way to be able to create a color value for one text layer and match it when working with another text layer?

Thanks

Larry

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Can text attributes be copied and pasted?
on Nov 9, 2011 at 4:40:36 pm

Yes, you can absolutely save your text formatting, style, or both. In the Text Inspector, in the Style pane, click the presets pop-up menu - from there you can choose what you want to save.

Your new style will be available in this list, and also available in the Library in the Text Styles categories, from where you can simply drag it onto your text layer in the Canvas.

Alternatively, you can drag your styled text layer from the Layers list to the Favorites folder in the Library, which will save the entire text layer. You can then add the full layer to any project.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Larry Watts
Re: Can text attributes be copied and pasted?
on Nov 9, 2011 at 5:53:40 pm

Thanks Mark! I'm glad I asked. I thought it should be there, but an associate said it could not be done so I never posted this until now.

Very nice!

Larry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]