FORUMS: list search recent posts

PDF vs PNG in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Ruiz
PDF vs PNG in Motion
on Sep 29, 2011 at 4:17:58 pm

I seem to always run into this problem, and i am curious if anyone out there has the same experience with this or can shed some light on what I should do.

I work for a non-profit so my work in Motion has to match exactly the same design in FCP, on the web, and print. When I export elements from a design as a PNG from PS they loose their vibrancy inside of Motion. When I export the same elements from PS but as a PDF, inside of Motion there always seems to be a thin white or yellow border around the entire PDF graphic. Even after deselect the Fixed Resolution.

Any Advice?
Thank you

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: PDF vs PNG in Motion
on Sep 30, 2011 at 4:26:35 pm

Have you tried working with the photoshop document (psd)?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

John Ruiz
on Sep 30, 2011 at 6:50:16 pm

I have, but often i need only certain elements from a larger PSD file. so i need to export them as individual layers instead of bringing the entire PSD inside of motion. Even when i have exported a single layer as a PSD, in motion, it looks identical to the PNG.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 30, 2011 at 9:17:40 pm

You can bring in a layered PSD and delete the layers you don't want or disable them. Also, remember that the most accurate way to preview the files is to look at them on a broadcast monitor.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]