watch the lines move at 00:15

How can you do this?

Thanks!

Lucas

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: How to make Lines flow
on Oct 19, 2011 at 2:51:05 pm

Use a tool like the Bezier tool and create the line. Then add a Write On behavior and it will make the bezier line write onto the screen. To control the speed of the write on change the length of the behavior. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Lucas Vollebergh
on Oct 22, 2011 at 7:26:13 pm

In a photoshop layer the write-on plugin won't work.
+ when I use the bezier tool there is a small line and it gets thicker. There has to be no line and it must become a line.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 24, 2011 at 3:43:14 pm

You have two options.

-Photoshop lines: You use the bezier tool and trace the Photoshop lines. Add the write on tool to the bezier line and turn your white bezier line into an image mask to reveal the photoshop line below it. If you haven't used a image mask check out this Hologram tutorial that covers image masks half way in.

-Without Photoshop: Use the bezier or B-spline tool and make your lines. To change the lines thickness go to the Shape tab. Make it an Outline and change the brush type to Airbrush. Change the Spacing to 1. Go to Stroke. click on the "Width over Stroke" discloser triangle. Move the key frames up or down to increase or decrease the width of the stroke at that part of the stroke.

Both these concepts are thoroughly covered in the COW Motion training DVD Moving with Motion.

Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]