FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I use a Template (including Drop Zones) made in Motion within DVD Pro

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Jackson
How do I use a Template (including Drop Zones) made in Motion within DVD Pro
on Sep 19, 2011 at 8:45:53 am

I have followed an Apple tutorial and made a motion DVD which includes 3 Drop Zones but I just cannot get it to import into DVD Studio Pro.

I would have thought it could have been imported into the Custom Templates folder but I don't know how to do it can someone advise please.

Regards

Fred

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: How do I use a Template (including Drop Zones) made in Motion within DVD Pro
on Sep 19, 2011 at 12:51:20 pm

You import Motion projects into DVD Studio Pro like any other asset, and just apply it as a menu.

However, the drop zones won't work in DVDSP. That's not how it works. Add content to your drop zones in Motion, then save, then import your Motion project into DVDSP.

If you want to change the content, you can always right-click on the file in DVDSP and choose Open in Editor. Motion will launch, and any changes you make will show up in DVDSP as soon as you save.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Fred Jackson
Re: How do I use a Template (including Drop Zones) made in Motion within DVD Pro
on Sep 19, 2011 at 6:21:33 pm

Thanks Mark, it seems it is your book I have been working through, excellent I must say.

I got confused by the inset paragraph on page 156 where it refers to importing into DVDP and using it as a menu, I was under the belief that I could just go ahead and use this direct in DVDSP as a normal Template..

Also I was saving as a Template in Motion and then trying to import through the Template TAB in DVDP where I could see the files but they were Greyed out.

Next mistake was to then import the Template file as an asset but when I tried to "Open in Editor" it would just play as a QT movie.

I have now saved the Motion file as normal and imported as asset into DVDSP, applied as menu background and can now ctrl click and open in Editor which then opens in Motion. It imports as a .motn(video)

Do you concur this is the correct workflow Mark

Once again thanks for your assistance.

Regards

Fred

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Sep 19, 2011 at 8:17:25 pm

You got it!

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]