FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to demo Motion 5

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
Trying to demo Motion 5
on Sep 9, 2011 at 3:15:26 pm

My question is really about getting your laptop screen to project properly on projectors. Yes, I was trying to demo Motion 5 last night to a group but the projector, with only a VGA input, forced my new 17"MBPro into a screen width so narrow as to render M5 and FCPX non-usable. It didn't matter what screen resolution I chose.

So for you who who've done this, please pass along your tips. I'm guessing that one just cannot use a projector that takes itd signal via VGA. But, only projectors with VGA inputs are used at two FCP groups I attend. If I have to buy a new projector that would do the trick (and I'm thinking about it if the price doesn't bury me), what would you recommend?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Trying to demo Motion 5
on Sep 9, 2011 at 7:51:19 pm

A projector with an HDMI input would be ideal. Then you can get the Displayport to HDMI adapter and it will look great. DVI would be a runner-up.

Noah

40% discount for Creative Cow users with code ccow2011 at Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Trying to demo Motion 5
on Sep 9, 2011 at 8:28:49 pm

That must be a really old projector. Most are at least XGA with a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768. I've been teaching and demoing Motion for years all over the country and I've never come across a true VGA (640x480 max resolution) projector.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]