FORUMS: list search recent posts

Marks tutorial on Motion 4 Templates into FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
Marks tutorial on Motion 4 Templates into FCPX
on Sep 5, 2011 at 1:59:18 pm

(This message refers to a quick tip from Mark Spencer about getting Motion 4 templates into FCPX.
I saw the tutorial on http://provideocoalition.com but couldn't find it at rippletraining.com)

Another outstanding tutorial from Mark Spencer. Another great learning experience for me.

Mark says he's skipping the creation of a preview movie in the tutorial so as to progress the tutorial but I hope he doesn't mind that I suggest that you do create the preview movie because, while you're adapting a Motion 4 template for FCPX, you're also creating a new template in your Motion 5 Project Browser and you'll want that Preview movie. It won't hurt the creation of the FCPX generator either.

I also noted that when publishing the template that I've opened from Motion 4 I needed to remember to first move the playhead to a point in the template that I wanted to see as the template's thumbnail before publishing the template. Mark does this action in the tutorial but doesn't call attention to it so I hope he doesn't mind this little addendum.

Now for a question.. I can't seem to find an explanation for the 'Theme' selection in dialog for the creation of a new template. I keep digging around in Help and I'm sure it's there somewhere but its so buried I can't locate it. Anyone know?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Marks tutorial on Motion 4 Templates into FCPX
on Sep 5, 2011 at 2:40:05 pm

Don,

Both excellent points - yes it's good to save a preview movie and yes it's good to place the playhead at the appropriate location, thanks for mentioning those.

As to the theme, if you look in FCP X, the last browser is the Themes Browser. Any templates you tag with a theme will appear here. It's purpose is to gather together multiple types of effects (transition, titles, etc.) that have the same look and feel. For example, you may have a set of effects that you use on a particular show you produce on a regular basis. Rather than clicking on each browser to get that show's title, its transitions, etc., you can see theme all in the Theme Browser.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Don Smith
Re: Marks tutorial on Motion 4 Templates into FCPX
on Sep 5, 2011 at 2:59:50 pm

Ah HAH! Thank you for clearing that up what 'Theme' means Mark. Yet another great feature in Motion 5.

You gave me my project for this holiday morning; I'm sitting here loading all Motion 4 templates one at a time, enabling all drop zones to be published, choosing my thumbnail, and publishing the templates with a preview movie and then checking my Motion 5 Project Browser to make sure they display and open correctly. It's not easy being obsessive. :)

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]