FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stay in place.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Guddat
Stay in place.
on Aug 22, 2011 at 6:04:39 am

I am a rookie. This is a really simple problem that I'm sure 90% of you can answer.

all I want to do is have a image go across the screen. stop. and then continute moving...
I can't get my head around how to make it stay in place after it gets into place.

how do I tell it to stay in place from one frame to another?

thank you for your time.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Stay in place.
on Aug 22, 2011 at 11:36:23 am

You will want to use Position keyframes. Place the image where you want it to start and create a position keyframe. Then move down the timeline and create another keyfreame. Then move the image to where you want it to stop. Go to where you want the movement to start again and create another keyframe. Then create one last keyframe and move the image off the screen.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Anders Larsen
on Aug 22, 2011 at 1:00:40 pm

Or you can use the "stop" behavior found under Parameter

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 22, 2011 at 3:46:51 pm

Just know that the "stop" behavior will make you object suddenly stop with no ease to a stop.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 22, 2011 at 5:38:34 pm

Or use a Throw with an out point where you want it to stop or apply a Ramp behavior to the position parameters. A million ways to do this. :)

Noah

40% discount for Creative Cow users with code ccow2011 at Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Josh Paulson
on Aug 22, 2011 at 7:53:14 pm

I do this a LOT for logo loops. I start my image off screen to the left or right, then add a move behavior to the image to bring it to the center. After a moment, I add another move behavior and move it off the other direction. I like to set the move behavior to "ease both (in and out)" for a nice natural motion.
Easy to copy and paste for multiple images.

Josh

"Cool it preppy." - A.C. Slater

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Aug 24, 2011 at 4:06:43 am

Two Move behaviors. One the length of the first move, one the length of the 2nd move. The space between the behaviors in the timeline will have the layer standing still. Using the Move behaviors gives you Ease IN/OUT.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]