FORUMS: list search recent posts

tracking my bezier points

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Zabel
tracking my bezier points
on Aug 16, 2011 at 4:46:48 pm

I used the bezier tool to mask out the background to just leave the guy giving the interview. His head moves often as he speaks so I added track points to the shape and when it analyzes it, by the end the track points get all messed up. so two questions. is there an easier way then this to do a tracking mask, and if not, how do I make it so I can not look at the entire trail of the tracking mask once I've applied it, and then just tweak it frame by frame. It seems like it would be simple enough but I can't get the view of the entire trail off to just see the bezier points to adjust.thanks. (also, I'm a newbie to Motion, so as straightforward help as possible, assume I know nothing)

Return to posts index

Jim Press
Re: tracking my bezier points
on Aug 19, 2011 at 1:53:21 am

Put your cursor over the shape/mask, and right click and select 'Edit points'. The view of the mask will change to only show you the bezier shape for that particular frame. You can then adjust it frame by frame, but make sure you turn on the red record button under the viewer window, so that it records each frame's movement.

Return to posts index

Matthew Zabel
on Aug 19, 2011 at 5:07:15 pm

thanks that really makes it easier. seeing just one point is great. but now, I just tried to move those points, and all I'm getting is a yellow line, no move. what tool do I need selected to move the points?

Return to posts index

Jim Press
on Aug 20, 2011 at 2:49:55 am

The yellow line is just a grid line, which appears because 'Snap' is turned on (it's the same feature as snapping in FCP)--which can drive you insane, so press N to turn snapping off.

Make sure you've then selected the arrow tool, and you should be able to move the SHAPE, NOT the red diamond point (the red point represents the centre of the shape--don't try to move it, rather move the whole shape by clicking and hold sown whilst the cursor os over the shape).

Trust this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]