FORUMS: list search recent posts

I Plain Sight

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Ames
I Plain Sight
on Aug 1, 2011 at 3:03:38 pm

Can anyone tell me if the opening sequence to USA Network's "In Plain Sight" was done in Motion of AE. The pictures separate and rotate to other scenes.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: I Plain Sight
on Aug 1, 2011 at 3:07:41 pm

I'm not familiar with this open. But yes you can separate and rotate to other scenes in Motion and AE.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ames
on Aug 1, 2011 at 3:27:54 pm

Can you take a look at it for me. It's at USA Network's In Plain Sight area and let me know. I'm looking for the exact location right now and will send it to you. In the mean time, I'm old to FCP but new to Motion. Can you quote me a price for your tutorial and give me a quote for doing an similar intro for a series I'm doing?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ames
on Aug 1, 2011 at 3:38:44 pm

The opening still fragments and a piece of that original in incorporated into the second still which has a piece of it separate and go into a third and so on until the final still explodes into a hundred different retreating still fragments.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Aug 1, 2011 at 3:43:37 pm

I'm familiar with the open. The images don't rotate, but they do slide. The majority of the open can be done in either program as it's not difficult, only elegant. The final reveal is different and was probably done using a plug-in of some sort.

However, you can approximate it with the particle emitter and whole ton of pictures.

If I had to guess, I would say that the open was built with AE since Motion has fairly low market penetration with this sort of thing. But I'd say Motion can do it as well.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ames
on Aug 1, 2011 at 3:53:57 pm

Can you do it with the right pictures and can you email or skype me so we can talk about it? I have my hands full with finishing episode 1 and starting 2.

jlames@bluelinecinema
and
jlames on skype

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ames
on Aug 5, 2011 at 7:32:02 pm

Please send me your email so I can respond to your post. And thanks for responding.
Jonathan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]