FORUMS: list search recent posts

hello to all with a question about Cinema-Production

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reto Christiani
hello to all with a question about Cinema-Production
on Jul 29, 2011 at 8:44:41 am

hi to all and I am very glad to have found this great forum!
looking forward to a lot of constructive and creative exchange!

I am a freelance graphic designer who is in the business for quite some time but finally discovered a new&ultimate passion: Motion Graphics!
so i am rather new to the subject but into it with all my heart and sweat ; )

i got a great opportunity to create an ad that will be shown in cinema theater's and would like to get some information before i get started:

-about the format?
4K - 4096px horizontal x 2160px vertical - 24 fps
-> is this the right format to start the project (or could 2K do the job without loosing to much quality)?

-about the codec?
which codec-settings (i use "compressor") would i need to export the final project (video & audio)?

BIG thanks in advance for any input!

anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: hello to all with a question about Cinema-Production
on Jul 29, 2011 at 3:07:30 pm

Reto,
Welcome to the forum. I have created a 2k spot that runs after the trailers at the Megplex Theaters. One of the best theater chains ever in my opinion. Anyways, take a look at this 2D images in a 3D environment photo move. And by the way, it is really fun to see your work on a huge screen.

As for your question: "or could 2K do the job without loosing to much quality." Avatar was shot 1920x1080. I thought it looked amazing on the iMax screen and so did a lot of other people. Also, I would check with the theater that it is running in and see what they can take and decide from there.

As for the other question, "which codec-settings (i use "compressor") would i need to export the final project (video & audio)?" For a digital projector at a theater you need to make your movie a DCP which stands for Digital Cinema Package. Compressor can't do that. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]