FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 4 template

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Mack
Motion 4 template
on Jul 28, 2011 at 2:43:43 am

I am using a MotionVFX free template. It is #13 on their site. It is 19:21 long and I want to change it to 26 seconds long. Is there any easy way to extend the 4 individual drop zones so each piece of media plays like 2 1/2 secs longer before it dissolves? How do I know which keyframes to move?

Jeff

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Motion 4 template
on Jul 28, 2011 at 10:37:38 am

Why don't you ask the vendor from whom you purchased the template?

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Jul 28, 2011 at 5:32:17 pm

Hi Mark, as I said, it was one of Szymon's free templates. I have just started working in Motion and was using this as an exercise to help me learn. I did contact Szymon but he is around the world so I was hoping for a clue from someone here in the states. I hope I didn't offend you for asking for advice on a free template. He offers several for free and I didn't think it was an etiquette issue but apologize if it is.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 28, 2011 at 5:36:32 pm

Jeff,
Feel free to ask any question you want. There is nothing wrong with asking the question you did. Do you want to extend the length of the whole template or just the drop zones?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Jul 28, 2011 at 5:41:42 pm

Hi Stephen. Here is my issue on the template: it was a drop zone that cracks and falls away. there were like 6 layers per drop zone. It starts with the pieces coming up to make a drop zone, then the video plays and then it cracks up and falls away. I was trying to extend only the center section so the video plays a bit longer before the pane cracks. Szymon emailed me back and said it was not easy to do . I tried what was suggested in that video you sent by dragging the keyframes proportionately but that messed up as well. I went to plan b and used the shorter motion length and did a fit to fill in FCP

Jeff

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 29, 2011 at 3:16:57 pm

Jeff, happy you found a solution to your problem and thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

And I hope my comment did not sound like a slam towards Mark Spencer. I don't personally know him and I have never meet him. But I think he is a great guy who wants to help people out and show them how powerful Motion really is. His advice is great.

Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jul 29, 2011 at 5:10:28 pm

Didn't sound that way to me :-)
I look forward to meeting you one day, Stephen!

--
Mark Spencer

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jul 28, 2011 at 5:49:18 pm

Agreed, of course, ask any question you like - I'm just suggesting that the best resource for a template you purchased is probably the author...

--
Mark Spencer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]