FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 4 content and filters missing

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Cohen
Motion 4 content and filters missing
on Jul 27, 2011 at 2:44:56 pm

I'm hoping someone can help me or point me in the right direction to a former posting that can answer this.

I recently purchased and installed the new FCPX and Motion 5. I also installed all of the additional content via downloads. Now, when I open Motion 4 all of my filters, content and particles and replicators are missing from the library. Did moving the old motion to a new location break some links or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Graham

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Motion 4 content and filters missing
on Jul 27, 2011 at 4:06:31 pm

Installing the new FCP X and Motion 5 moves your legacy FCS apps to a new Final Cut Studio folder in your Applications folder, but shouldn't impact Motion 4's library at all. Try re-pointing Motion 4 to the Library location in Motion > Preferences in the General tab. The path should be /Library/Application Support/Final Cut Studio/Motion

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Graham Cohen
on Jul 27, 2011 at 5:13:38 pm

That's what I figured but but with this new release anything is possible. I'll check it tonight to be sure. Thanks for the quick response Mark. It's good to know this looks like something isolated so a fix is possible.

Graham

Return to posts index

Graham Cohen
on Jul 30, 2011 at 3:10:07 am

I checked and all of the folders are now empty. What ever happened when I installed Motion 5 has now totally deleted all of the filters, content files etc. To add insult to injury Motion won't start any longer as it appears all of the borisfx filters are not compatible with Lion. Which leads to another question. If all of the folders are now empty, how can motion 4 be looking for boris filters if the filters and 3rd party filters folders are empty? Time to dust off my old power PC and do an install.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jul 30, 2011 at 10:19:30 am

Make sure you are checking the ROOT folder, not the USER folder. I highly doubt the M5 install deleted your content.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Graham Cohen
on Jul 30, 2011 at 12:53:13 pm

Yep. I spent nearly 4 hours last night (If you can believe that) searching the complete drive in every folder. the only content I can find is in the motion 5 package file.

I did get confirmation that the borisfx fxplug filters are NOT compatible with Lion so if you have these filters and need them hold off on Lion until a patch can be found.

Being this is not my primary editing computer I have decided to remove any trace of the old system and rely on the new stuff. Mark, thank you so much for taking the time to help.

Graham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]